3.05.2013

The months just fly by...

Emmett is 2 months! It has been a long winter but it has made time fly by for this kid. He is a pretty calm baby and I am grateful for that. I havent been as "strict" with him as I was with Truman. I think its because I am nervous if he cries for too long or too loud he will wake up Truman at night. We are getting better. It is good to let the baby cry people, sometimes they need it. Obviously everyone does parenting their own way though. I know i should post more and I always am thinking of things I want to write about just because its on my mind and what not, but I dont. O well.
Well babies are in the 25%-50% percentiles for their check up so thats great!
Emmett is definitely his own person. Every baby is different 100% .. He smiles at us often and it is the best feeling in the world. Tyler trys to get him to laugh, so i then laugh because thats not for another month or 2 or 3 lol.. But its still fun to watch cause he just grunts n smiles. We've had him in his own room since day 1. i have squeaky babies. They sound like little dolphins to me. grunting to clear their throats or squirming to settle themselves into a deeper sleep whatever it is. I love watching Emmett grow and take everything around him in. I always wonder what is going through his little mind. I am sure when he's sees Truman He thinks " o no not him again" haha Truman loves him a little too much. Were working on him not smothering him with so much of his love.

2 month Stats:
Weight: 12 lbs 4 0z
Height: 23 inches




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Truman has lots and LOTS of energy. He started nursery and the first time it was a fail. Now he goes and doesnt care. It may depend on who is in there that day but still. I wouldnt know, cause I havent gone to church yet. Were playing it safe with little brother.
Truman loves to play with balls and cars, and if you turn on some music he'll dance for you its quite the show. Not to sure how we feel about it but he was introduced to Barney (by grandma), we have one dvd and even though i loved it as a kid, and still remember the songs. The one dvd is killin us. We need another, why because he says marney marney (barney) and grabs the dvd case. Otherwise its daniel tigers neighborhood which is (mr rogers music and stories but its now a cartoon) its cute. or baby einstein. or whatever is on pbs.. However not too much of the tube just try to keep it to under an hour or so a day. I say TRY because it is very nice entertainment while im helping #2
 When its too cold to go out which it has been forever I play pass back with him and make him run down the hall and back to get his energy out. He's a pretty happy kid. He has been getting the rest of all his teeth in though since January, Mullers and such. Therefore he is a little edgy and fussy. Thanks kid perfect timing with a newborn and all. He also is talking a lot more but gets frustrated which turns into whining when he cant communicate what he wants, its awesome ;) He knows how to sign, more, please and thank you. So those words we've been working on him actually saying as well as signing. This is kid makes me laugh everyday, I am excited for Emmett to be a little older so they can play together, for now I love my newborn and my toddler just the way they are.
-- apparently at trumans 15 month appointment they were a little worried about his weight since he was below the 20%  I had no idea until the doctor said today O good he is gaining weight and is perfectly average now. Last time I wrote a note to keep an eye on that. --who would have thought, I thought he always was my perfect little chunker.. The Percentages must have changed over the years since America is becoming more and more obese.

19 month stats:
Weight: 26 lbs
Height: 32 in



No comments: