10.18.2012

2 kids here we come!

I dont even know where to begin to write about all the crazy things that run thgouh my head day to day. OR at night ha pregnancy dreams are nuts. (shout out to kendra oakden. she writes amazingly i wish i could write  as clear as her but Kendra boy do our minds think the same ) it reminds me of a youtube video of mens brains vs. womens  and how they are wired. women are a million different wires men are boxes. It is quite interesting. Ok back on topic.

I am getting very excited about having another snuggle bug. First go around was all new of course and honestly I think/thought that newborns are so ugly every single one of them yes sad. Now I think they're just so precious and i just want to snuggle all of them o so cute.

Mother of 2 children any opinions or advice please send my way!!!


CAR SEATS:
We FINALLY got Truman a forward facing seat he tried it out for the first time today and was confused but so excited it was pretty epic. We weren't really in a hurry to get him into one but, Costco had a deal so we got it! I cant believe some car seats are nearly $400.00 thats nuts. So when we removed the infant base and car seat I brought it in and got it all prepped for baby boy #2. Bundle me cover and all since its going to be most likely a blizzard when he comes. "we'll get on that in a bit" . But this brings me to question all mothers or parents out there who have moved from 1 to 2 kids or have been in the 2 kids situation before.

When it comes to putting two kids in the car I think jeez this is going to be a ig adjustment i mean getting used to hauling one kid into places was so annoying at first because I was used to just me going in and out. Thank goodness it got easier and now its just how it is, its what I do and NO BIG DEAL. However I am sure 2 kids get easier but I raise the question.

Where is it easiest to put the kids in their car seats. We had the single infant seat in the middle always. But now with two what to do? what is easiest please let me know.
 I am thinking both kids on each ends and no one in the middle. I can only imagine if/when we have 3 kiddos putting them all in their little seats across the back, can you squish fest! Possibly we will graduate to a mini van? ahh im anti mini van but have you been in those things they're so spacious and have all the bells and whistles.
Anyway help me out people itd be greatly appreciated on you r opinions.

Double stroller:
What do you recommend?
I feel side by side when i have pushed them I cant go in a store because of how wide it is but I love the 3 wheel. Front to back seems more reliable, but how am i to know? so please comment



5 comments:

Paige said...

I know I don't really know you very well, but here's my opinion: I have my two kids on either end of the car. S much easier than trying to lean over one to get the other one in the middle. And for a stroller, check out the kinder wagon skip hop stroller. I don't have it, but a friend of mine does and I'm pretty jealous. It's expensive but may be worth a splurge!

JoshandMegs said...

Car Seats: I like them on both sides. There have been a few times when I've needed to sit back there to comfort Mailie, and it's easier to fit through the middle, then try to climb over to the side. Plus I think it worked out to where it was more spacious in the middle.
Also, like Paige said, it is easier getting them in and out with them on both sides, than reaching over one.

Strollers: I always recommend to my friends having their second to first see if your oldest even needs/uses the stroller by the time baby#2 comes around. I know Truman is younger then Abigail was, but by the time Abigail was running around, that's just what she wanted to do all the time. We put her in the stroller sometimes, but let her walk most of the time. So by the time Mailie came around, Abigail NEVER used it, so there was no purpose in getting a double. I would first see what Truman is like by that time, so you don't end up wasting money on a double that you will never use.

Lindsey Harmer said...

Hey girl. I hear ya on all your worries. I totally had the same ones...and I had prego nightmares about not having enough arms.

Anyways, definitely on the ends works for the car seats. The store was a terrifying thing at first. I even blogged about it...but it is true that it becomes just like it did the first time where you're like, "It's just what I do!" You are A LOT more aware of what stores have what type of carts. For instance, Best Buy and King Soopers have the mini cars attached the the front of the cart: GOLDEN. It keeps the old one happy and you can put the infant where you normally would. You'll get creative with other places...and buy less stuff because you can't get it around the two kids.

I have a front to back double stroller and love it. I got it on craigslist. It is a little bulkier than the single (duh!) but not as bad as I thought it would be.

You're gonna do great!

Lindsey said...

The easiest is probably going to be putting a kid on each side. I always put the baby behind the passanger seat, bc if I'm driving its easiest for me to reach back and help the baby rather than turning all the way around to try and reach the baby. I feel ya on the mini van thing..I fought it, but once I embraced it, it's amazing!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my stroller. It's a baby trend sit n stand double stroller. It has 2 seats, but the back seat comes off (really simple) so it can also be a sit n stand. I love that I can put the rear seat on for long trips or walks and take it off when I know Lily is going to be getting in and out a lot. Carseat also snaps on the front or back :)
You will adjust fine! In some ways two is more work, but in some ways it's easier. My biggest piece of advice is to get the two of then on the same nap schedule ASAP (probably wont happen until baby goes to 2 naps per day.) It will save you!
Good Luck Whit!

Harrison and Christine said...

Whit, you can do this!! You'll be busier with two, but the second time around I feel like was easier because I'd done it all before. Obviously Truman is a lot younger than Jack was when I had Fisher, so you'll become super mom - for sure. But remember, newborns sleep so much in the beginning anyway, so you'll still have a lot of one kid only time for awhile, then it's so fun to watch them play together when baby gets older :) I need to call you so we can catch up- it's been too long!