8.20.2011

..a new chapter..

Right now I am soo lazy for some reason to update my blog ha! However here I am writing away. So this is going to be long....and have many pictures... For starters.

We went to Disneyland, and Newport beach for my brother Lyndon's wedding.
When i found out we would be doing this back around the same time I found out I was pregnant I was so nervous I wouldn't be able to go. Since I would be 36 weeks pregnant. Well I made it, and its probably because I told my doctor "um I am going" I don't care if I deliver the baby in Disneyland I am not missing out on this. Although I couldn't ride all the rides I still had a blast, I rented a put put and that was soo nice.. exits? i think yes..Pretty sure that all the dancing, boogie boarding, and moving around so much got the little guy moving his way to be born.

..disneyland..36 weeks..

............................................................................................
..the lovers..
..we all look SOO happy..
..The family..
..luncheon..


A week after we were back Tylers brother Greg and his wife Mandy had extra tickets to Tim Mcgraw so we went with them. It was a great concert. I was 37 weeks or 8 months and 1 week pregnant. The day before I had been having contractions, or what i thought were contractions and some people said they probably were and some told me they were just braxton hicks. I didnt know exactly what "contractions" are.. I was told "i WOULD KNOW" when i was having them.
..Tim Mcgraw..
Tyler overly excited for the concert.. haha
37 week belly shot/ 7 hours before I went into Labor, Thank you Tim Mcgraw our little guy must be a country boy
......................................................................................................................................................................
So I wasnt sure if i was in "true labor" or not...when we got to the hospital my awesome nurse Laquisha said "dam girl how are you even standing there talking to me, I was dialated to an 8 and 100% effaced..and they were about 3-4 minutes apart
pre epidural
after the epidural
He's here a whole 7 lbs 14 ounces and 3 weeks early thank you for coming early little guy if he would have come on his due date he probably would have weight almost 9 lbs ahh!

..footprints..
..going home.. ..Parker and his shoe..

..the little guy.. Truman..

sooo.. I feel I was definitely prepared for labor from everyone's stories about their labor. Mine was a whopping 4 hours, which i am told is great!.. this is very true except for the fact that 2 1/2 of those 4 hours were spent in my bed at home in pain wondering.. if it was real labor.. ha when it got way bad I wasnt very pleasant to be around, once I got my drugs i was so happy and chattin it up.
I was thinking, woman get all the advice about labor and pregnancy they need, sometimes way more than wanted. But I never got advice for the aftermath.. I would rather go through 10 labors "with medicine" than go through the "healing process" and postpartum. I am starting to feel better day by day. But wow bring on the achiness,soreness, tiredness, crying, and anxiety. Breastfeeding, is a work in progress and I didnt know I would feel all these emotions alongside of everything.. I am told every baby is different. But being the life support for someone is overwhelming until it sets in and your used to it and you and the baby figure things out.. how long do i do on each side, do i even do each side? how do i know hes getting enough, is he getting to much, what about when he spits up a TON, what about the fact that his nights and days are switched, a routine, how long will this take to get him on one do i want him on one? when do i start tummy time? when is a good time to take him to church? haha.. many other thoughts run through my head. all i know is to stay patient of course. but wow no one warned me about all these crazy emotions that swarm in.. Any advice from you moms out there!?

Things are going just dandy over here...being a mom is wonderful its weird calling myself mom and Tyler dad.. haha.. I am excited about starting this new chapter of our lives..

5 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats you two! He is so adorable. All those feelings are normal. Husbands are great because I feel that they calm us down about things. And moms are great because they have been there! My advice would be to make sure you get out of the house every day to keep your sanity. I was obsessed with walks that first little while. Everyone will give you advice whether you want it or not but you know your little guys best, and as time goes on you will learn what he wants and needs. I know you are the best little mommy! Can't wait to meet your little guy.

Kendra said...

Congrats! It is overwhelming, but you'll get the hang of it soon enough. My advice? Try not to parent "by the book." I read all kinds of baby books before hand and I thought that Ev would be a cookie cutter of what the book said she should be doing if I let her cry it out, fed her for this long, etc. SO NOT TRUE! Don't read books. Just go with what works for you. It's taken me 6 months to realize this and I'm happier going with the flow than trying to strictly force things on her and myself. Good luck! It really is the greatest experience.

Nicole said...

Wahoo! I am excited to see some pictures and to hear your story :) Girl, I can't believe how long you made it at home...strong women! Congrats Momma! (ps. your nurse would be named that :) talk to you soon!

Kim said...

All you said is so true! It's all very difficult in the beginning but it will get better with each day and you will love motherhood!!

Josh - n - Jonet said...

I am so excited for you three!!! What an amazing adventure you are beginning. I agree with Kendra, don't go by the book... Cooper was an abnormally tough baby but I think he was even more difficult because I tried to make him into the "book baby" instead of "my baby" which he actually is and will always be. Don't stress... Heavenly Father gave us motherly instincts for a reason... My advice, if it feels right try it... if it feels wrong, no matter what everyone else may be saying, don't do it. Remember, you are the momma bear now so you get to call the shots... not the book. Welcome to the mommy club... It's the best, most difficult, emotionally and physically draining job in the world... You will be great!