7.31.2012

kidless

It is by the far the weirdest feeling.
When all you have known for almost a year is having someone be dependent on you for literally EVERYTHING. I have not had a night without Truman ever since he was born. Last night was the first night and i still felt the need to "check on him" before i retired to my own bed. It was crazy seeing an empty crib with a blanket and binky in there with no kid to snuggle it all up.
When I waved goodbye to my love and went into my house, I didnt know what to do with myself. Since Tyler was at work, I couldn't just sit inside all day. So I got my iPod and did what i loved to do as an independent sole. I went to the pool and laid out for a good couple of hours until my battery ran low. It was blissful to sip on a drink and close my eyes with not a worry.
HOWEVER, while i was trying to just relax and be stress free i was still super nervous about everything about letting my child go away without me for a whole week. The drive home to Fresno for Truman with My mom and brother Sterling. I kept telling them. DO NOT forget him in the car, feed him, change him. etc. DRIVE SAFE dont crash. Ha so I had to restrain myself from wanting to call them 24/7. When the life flight from the University of Utah hospital would fly out and come back in it also didnt help much. (we live barely a mile from the U) Well they are almost to Fresno now so that is good, and apparently has been an angel child. Props to me for being an awesome mom right in training my kid? OR he is just awesome, your welcome mother and sterling.
Once Tyler got home we watched some trash t.v. then went on a bike ride. We just bought some new road bikes well i got a hybrid but almost a road bike right? It is definitely a work out on the trail we live on. It is all  hill in our neck of the woods. But thankfully there is at least a decline and the end of inclines right. We have been a couple times but this time went the furthest we have ever been. If you know Utah at all. We went to the Overpass bridge that goes over the i-80 east heading up to park city. I seriously was panting the WHOLE time there and back haha. It was quite the sight but it was a beautiful view? I wish I could keep getting better but that'll have to wait until spring comes around. Once it starts getting colder I am out, and other reasons. ;)
We are excited to go on our getaway vacation starting Friday then off to Fresno. Until Friday we dont have much planned. If you have any fun ideas for us to do kidless send them our way.

No comments: